Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I AM is the Messiah

When Jesus referred to Himself as “I am” he was declaring that He is God in the flesh. But often Jesus attached some additional significance to that title.

For example, in John 4, we read of Jesus talking to a Samaritan woman next to a well of water. The woman had come to the well to get water for her daily needs and Jesus, who was resting there, asked if she would give Him a drink.

This request led to a conversation which eventually led to the differences between Samaritan beliefs and worship and Jewish beliefs and worship. The woman said that she knew that someday a Messiah, a Christ, would come and He would straighten everything out.

At that point Jesus said, “I am.” Jesus informed this woman that the man talking to her was in fact the Messiah. “I am,“ God in the flesh, is the Messiah.

At Believers Fellowship we worship Jesus as God and Savior.

You can find all our information online at believers-fellowship.org.

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've often wondered about that Samaritan woman at the well. I've wondered if she could actually feel Jesus' "majesty" and "holiness" by just speaking to him....listening to his voice. Scripture often has that effect on me, although I don't actually 'hear' Christ's voice, I nevertheless 'listen' to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home