Friday, October 03, 2008

BLOGGING

This week I read what I think is a very accurate definition of Blogging:

Never have so many with so little to say said so much to so few.

I can relate to that. I've been blogging recently about our incredibly awesome Savior. A Savior who is available to desperate sinners. A Savior who is impartial - accepting all sinners who come to him in faith. A Savior who is gracious towards sinners who come to Him, giving them far more than they could have ever imagined. And a Savior who is powerful - so powerful that that He can reverse death and give back life.

After writing about our great Savior I put out a call across the vast expanse of the World Wide Web, asking people to give an amen to these mind-blowing truths about Jesus Christ. I got two responses. Two. 1-2.

Never have so many with so little to say said so much to so few (apparently, two, to be exact).

Now maybe everybody is busy following the presidential campaigns. Jesus is King of kings.

Perhaps others are caught up in the financial crisis and following the bailout plans. Jesus owns the earth and everything in it.

Others maybe are tuned in to Facebook - following their friends as they go to a game, or shopping, or wherever. We want to stay connected. I got to keep the text messages flowing. Jesus never leaves me. I can talk to Him anytime or anywhere.

Jesus has communicated with us in His Word. His Word never needs updating. Scripture is as fresh today as the day it was first penned.

I love my Savior. Amen.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-M-E-N....A-M-E-N....A-M-E-N!!!Now I know that only counts as one "Amen", and I wish more people would visit your page, but what you said is so very true and it was well recieved by me. I too love my Savior, and I love my church. I thank God daily for leading us to Believer's Fellowship. Thank you Pastor Bruce.

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was out of town and could not access the web but read your blog everyday. I also listen to you on KSLR and will add my "AMEN" now. I have profited very much from your cutting it straight and will continue to read your blog.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

"Never have so many with so little to say said so much to so few." --- how I chuckled as I read this description of blogging for how I, too, have felt like that and how true it is! But take heart and be encouraged, Pastor Blakey, for so much of what YOU have to say is no "little" matter -- not simply calling for a response to be left as a comment, but a call for a greater response to be directed at our Great Savior!!! Thanks so much for your posts and for these reminders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home