Monday, October 06, 2008

I AM

Several times in the Gospel of John we read of Jesus referring to Himself simply as, “I am.” When Jesus said “I am” He was clearly equating Himself with God. In Exodus 3 when Moses asked God what His name was, God said, “I am.” So, when Jesus says, “I am,” He is claiming to be God.

It is so important that we remember the deity of Christ. It is important for us to remember this in connection with the teaching of the Trinity. It is also important that we remember this in regard to the incarnation. When Jesus came into the world, it was God taking on human flesh.

When we think of God taking on flesh we marvel at His humility. When we remember that God took on flesh so that He could die in the place of sinners, we marvel at His grace.

Do you believe Jesus is God?

Worship Him with us Sunday. All of our information can be found online at believers-fellowship.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home