Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Happily Married?

This week you are hearing John MacArthur teach on the family right before us on Grace to You. These broadcasts will provide rich biblical instruction and I would encourage you to follow along.

In seventeen years of pastoral ministry I have done a lot of marital counseling. A common issue is that one spouse will express that they can’t be happy in the marriage unless their spouse does what they should do. Now they may have a valid point about what their spouse should be doing, but they are dead wrong about whether or not they can be happy.

Happiness in marriage is not dependent upon my spouse’s response. It is dependent upon my obedience to the Lord. If the Lord says, “Well done” then it really doesn’t matter what my spouse says. My pleasure comes in pleasing the Lord.

At Believers Fellowship we’re committed to helping you learn to please the Lord.

Feel free to visit or contact us. All our information is online at believers-fellowship.org.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"As unto the Lord"......no other way to do it!

Signed,
Happy To Be Married!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home