Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Know Peace?

In Psalm 23 David said, “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” What did he mean when he said, “I shall not want?”

We tend to think of well being on a physical level. We think of things like financial security, good health, and close and healthy relationships. But that is not what David had in mind. Later in this psalm David talks about walking through the valley of the shadow of death and he refers to his enemies. So David is not talking about perfect circumstances.

So what does David mean when he says, “I shall not want?” He is referring to a condition that is a deep, quiet, settled peace. He’s speaking of a serenely confident heart, a quietly joyful soul that transcends the difficulties and struggles of life. Do you know this condition?

You can if you can say, “The Lord is my shepherd.”

Join us Sunday as we worship the Great Shepherd and visit us online at believers-fellowship.org.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Undoubtedly, the closer a sheep was the shepherd, the more peace they must have felt. Same can hold true for us....Psalm 73:28"But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works."

~One of His Sheep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home