Saturday, July 08, 2006

The 4th


A lot of what I've been thinking about and doing lately has been related somehow to the number 4.

For, example, this past week we celebrated the 4th of July. This is always a special day to me. I majored in U.S. History at USC so I appreciate the historical significance. Also, and more significantly, 30 years ago, while everyone else was celebrating the 200th birthday of our nation, I was being baptized as a believer. This year was special because my dad got to meet his great grandson. This is a picture of the 4 generations. Quite a handsome looking group if I do say so myself.

Speaking of family, I have been working on a study of Deuteronomy 6 this past week. In this chapter I have identified 4 imperitives directed to parents. They are to be fearing, loving, teaching, and testifying. I'll be sharing more of this study in future blogs.

Also, we recently got a new puppy. His name is Buddy. You can read about him here. Guess what? He is the 4th dog Roberta and I have owned.

Funny how things work out like this and I am thankful for all that the Lord has brought into my life recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home