Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Blessed Are The Mourners? Yes!

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus pronounced a series of beatitudes. One of them is, “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”

This statement sounds upside down to our world. How can you be blessed if you mourn? Does that sound strange to you? What does Jesus mean when He says, “Blessed are those who mourn?”

To mourn speaks of a deep, heart-felt grief. It’s a grief that takes possession of your whole being. And Jesus here is talking about a spiritual mourning. It is a mourning that comes from an accurate realization of my sinful condition. It is to come to an understanding that I have rebelled against my creator.

This mourning is good, though, because it leads to repentance and faith in Christ. In Christ I find forgiveness of my sin and reconciliation with God. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Join us as we rest in the comfort of Christ. All our information is online at believers-fellowship.org.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Having been on that side of utter grief as I've realized how I have willfully choosen to sin against Him, it's an amazing statement to read -- "they shall be comforted." What a tender Shepherd we have -- who not only forgives us, but one who comforts us, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home