Monday, October 27, 2008

The Good Life

I think it is safe to say that everyone is living in pursuit of what they would consider the good life. Not everyone is in agreement as to what the good life is, but to most Americans the good life consists of owning certain possessions and enjoying right circumstances.

As long as I can have what I want to have and I can indulge in whatever makes me feel good, then I would consider that the good life. The problem with this view is that you can never obtain enough and there is no guarantee that all these things will bring a good life.

The Apostle Peter wrote a letter to some Christians who were living in a hostile culture. These Christians were being persecuted for following Jesus Christ. Yet, in 1 Peter 3:8-12, Peter told them how they could experience the good life.

In Christ we have a life that can’t be touched by circumstance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home