Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are You Abiding?

Jesus repeatedly claimed to be God. One way He did this was by claiming the name, “I am,” for Himself. Everybody who knows the Old Testament knows that God revealed Himself to Moses as “I am.” So, for Jesus to claim that name for Himself was for Him to claim to be God.

Often in John’s gospel we see Jesus claiming this name for Himself and then adding something to this name to further describe Himself. In John 15 we read that Jesus said, “I am the true vine.” So not only is Jesus saying He is God, but, just like the vine is the source of life to its branches, so Jesus is saying that He is the source of life to all who abide in Him. To abide in Him is to have a permanent commitment to Him.

So, do you abide in Christ? Is He your God and your source of life?

Join us in worshipping our God. All our information is online at believers-fellowship.org.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abiding in Christ is something I try to do daily, although I'm sure that it's His strength alone that keeps us (Him and me) joined together like the vine and the branch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home