Friday, October 31, 2008

Christ Blessed His Enemies

The Apostle Peter wrote to believers and told them how to live the good life even in the midst of persecution. Peter gave this instruction in 1 Peter 3:8-12.

Among other things Peter told the believers not to return evil for evil or insult for insult. That’s hard instruction. Our natural reaction when we are mistreated is to talk back. But Peter says that rather than do that, we are to give a blessing instead. We are to love our enemies. We should pray for them and be kind to them. This is how to live the good life.

We can do this by remembering all the blessings that we have in Christ. I was His enemy but He blessed me. He died for me and forgave me of all my sin forever. Because of what Christ has done for me, I am going to heaven no matter what anyone else does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home