Tuesday, May 20, 2008

God Bless You, Matt Rehrer


Today is a big day for Matt Rehrer. Tonight Matt graduates from medical school and can begin to officially wear the title, Dr. Rehrer.
Roberta and I were fortunate enough to be able to join Matt and other family and friends at a luncheon held today in honor of the graduates.
I am extremely thankful for Matt and all that the Lord has done in his life. He has been a real testimony to me of God's grace and sustaining power.
Many of you know that Matt lost his parents and two sisters in a car accident almost three years ago. The accident occurred while his family was on their way to visit Matt and his wife, Kara. Matt's father, Bill, was a close friend to me. We worked side-by-side at Believers Fellowship for many years. Our families were very close and Matt has been a great friend to our three sons.
While Matt's family has been in heaven for these past three years, Matt has continued to faithfully serve the Lord. Today is a day to rejoice with Matt as he passes this significant milestone.
Matt and Kara have moved to California where Matt will begin his residency. I look forward to what the Lord will continue to do in Matt's life and where He will eventually direct him. I am confident that Matt will continue to faithfully serve His Lord wherever that may be.
All I can say is, "God bless you, Matt Rehrer!"

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I remember the day I first met Matt when he helped us move into our first home in San Antonio almost 10 years ago and him sharing how he hoped to "grow up to be a children's doctor someday." To think that he is one step closer to that dream. Though these past several years I am sure have had there share of highs and lows, I think of Matt's own testimony that he shared at the funeral, "His grace is enough for me." Praise the Lord for what He is doing in Matt & Kara's life, and I, too, look forward to see how the Lord will continue to use them for His glory. Congratulations, Matt & Kara!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home