Wednesday, April 22, 2009

To the Ends of the Earth

Tomorrow I leave for Uganda, Africa. Next week I will be speaking at a pastor's conference of national pastors. This is an amazing thing to me. This is an incredible opportunity.

Not that I haven't had any reservations about this. I wasn't excited about getting all the shots (7) that were required for me to be able to make this trip safely. I also have to take Malaria pills for 40 days (started 2 days ago). Additionally, I will need to be careful what I eat and drink while I am there and I have been warned that the facilities may not be the greatest. On top of all that, I must travel for about 21 hours to get there.

So why do it? First of all, I was asked to do it. But when I think about ministering to a few hundred pastors as a part of a larger ministry that has the potential to affect a whole country for the gospel, how could I refuse? I believe that the Bible is powerful and that somehow the Lord can use a guy like me - just a guy like me, to proclaim His Word for His glory. What a privilege.

So, I'm looking forward to what the Lord has in store for this trip. I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell when I get back - testimonies to His goodness, grace, and power.

Please pray for me and I 'll give a report when I get back.

I don't want to waste my life.

6 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

we will pray for a safe and fruitful trip

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Praying for you, Pastor Blakey!

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous dee said...

Ministering to a few hundred pastors in Africa is truly a gift from God. In the same way that you, just a guy like you, are a blessing and a gift to us at Believer's Fellowship. And who knows, there may be a "Believer's Fellowship of Uganda" in the works. God bless you Pastor Bruce.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Praying you have a spiritually profitable and safe trip. Can't wait to hear the reports!

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Dawn said...

We are praying for you too Pastor Blakey that God will use you as mightily there as he is in San Antonio and Believers Fellowship!!

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and can't wait to hear the stories.
We have an amazing God!

The Carrellis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home