Friday, January 02, 2009

I Don't Understand

I have the great privilege of serving at Believers Fellowship. As we start another year I am looking forward to the privilege of ministering God’s Word as often as possible to as many as possible.

Our goal is to present every man complete in Christ. The only way to do that is through the ministry of the Word of God. The Bible is inspired, inerrant, powerful, relevant, and completely sufficient to minister to any person in any condition of life.

I don’t understand why other churches don’t demonstrate a higher commitment to the Scripture. I am concerned when I hear of churches that rely more on something else whether it be music or children’s programs or whatever.

Also, many churches don’t want in-depth teaching of the Bible. They are more into stories or testimonies than serious study of the Bible.

I’m thankful for a congregation that expects to hear what God says in His Word.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that there are not many churches like Believers Fellowship with a pastor bold enough to preach the truth thru scripture from the Bible and a congregation that wants to hear that truth.I am thankful for both Believers Fellowship, Pastor Blakey, the godly people at Believers Fellowship and God's grace that led me to find all of the above.Thank you, Pastor Blakey, for sheperding your flock as God instructed you to do and for nourishing us with God's word.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

The thankfulness runs on a two way street, Pastor Blakey. Thank you for your weekly ministry into our lives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home