Friday, November 21, 2008

Grumble-meters On?

Philippians 2:14 says “Do all things without grumbling and complaining.” In light of what this verse says, I want to give you an assignment. See how long you can go without complaining about anything. I wish I could give you a grumble-meter that would alert you every time you started to grumble about something.

Now I don’t want to make light of what is a very serious sin, and the Bible helps us to cut down on our grumbling. Philippians 2:15 helps us by reminding us that we are children of God. If we would just remember what the Lord has done for us in making us who were His enemies into His own children, we would have so much to be thankful for that we would stop our complaining.

I’m glad I didn’t get what I deserve from God. I am thankful for His grace.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

These have been such practical, convicting and meaningful reminders to me individually, and to us as a family this week. Complaining IS a serious sin and one we, often, overlook. I keep thinking back to your message several months ago, "Are you Shining or Whining!" - thanksgiving is intricately related to our testimony. Thanks for the great reminders!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home