Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks for a Heavenly Father

Today is not only Thanksgiving Day, but it is also my father’s 86th birthday. I’ll be flying to California today to celebrate with my dad and many family members. I’m thankful for my father. We have enjoyed a wonderful relationship which has allowed us to do many things together. I will rejoice with him today.

But as thankful as I am for my earthly father, I am more thankful for my Heavenly Father. My Heavenly Father chose me, and forgave me, and made me His child through the work that Jesus Christ did on my behalf on the cross. It isn’t enough to have physical life, we all need the spiritual life that only Christ can give.

So today as I celebrate my dad’s birthday, I’ll also be expressing my most profound thanks to my God and Father because in Him I have an abundant and eternal life. He has been good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home