Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Faith Alone

At Believers Fellowship we follow the path established by the Protestant Reformers in our commitment to certain foundational doctrinal commitments. There are five – Scripture Alone, Christ Alone, Grace Alone, Faith Alone, and To God Alone be the Glory.

Today let’s consider Faith Alone. The Reformers called this the material principle because it teaches us the very heart of what you must understand to be saved. And that is that justification is by faith alone.

Justification means to stand before God in righteousness. This is not attained through a series of works, it is received by faith and faith alone.

By faith in Christ I am united with Him and His righteousness is imputed to me. Christ is the only mediator between God and man. For me to be justified I must place my faith in Christ and Christ alone. I must totally commit myself to Him.

We proclaim justification by faith alone. Visit us this Sunday and go online to believers-fellowship.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home