Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Power of the Gospel

Here's today's broadcast. If you have heard any of these broadcasts on KSLR, please leave a comment and let me know what you think.



Welcome to Cutting It Straight – a ministry of Believers Fellowship. I’m pastor Bruce Blakey
.
In Romans 1:16 Paul said, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes …”That verse tells us very clearly that the power is in the gospel itself not in the one who proclaims it or in how clever their presentation might be.

As a pastor that is really a great comfort to me. I want to proclaim the gospel so that people might come to believe in Christ and be saved and all I need to concentrate on is faithfully delivering the message.

The Bible warns me that some will think the message is foolish and some will think that I am foolish, but it is the message of the gospel that the Lord uses to draw people to himself. What a joy it is to give out the gospel.

For more information, go online to believers-fellowship.org

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Roberta Blakey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Roberta Blakey said...

Thanks for the nugget of truth you give us each weekday on Cutting it Straight. I am thankful for the power of the gospel, that it is not dependent on man's persuasiveness or methodology.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home