Monday, January 28, 2008

A New Adventure


Today I launched in to a different dimension of ministry. Our church, Believers Fellowship, decided to buy one minute of radio time to air each day on local radio station KSLR, AM 630. The minute will play right after John MacArthur and Grace To You. I went in last week and recorded the first 10 broadcasts and the first one was aired this morning. Since the name of the radio spot is Cutting It Straight, same as this blog, I thought I would try to post the script of each broadcast here. Below is what today's broadcast was about.


Welcome to Cutting It Straight – A ministry of Believers Fellowship. My name is Bruce Blakey, pastor of Believers Fellowship.

Did your first pastor have a positive and lasting influence on your life?
Mine did. I was saved in 1974 when I was a freshman in college. Shortly after I came to know the Lord some friends started taking me to Grace Community Church in Los Angeles, where John MacArthur was and still is the pastor.

I really grew under the faithful Bible teaching of Dr. MacArthur. It was from him that I learned the importance of cutting it straight. That statement comes from 2 Timothy 2:15 which talks about handling accurately the word of truth – literally cutting it straight.

John MacArthur will be speaking at Believers Fellowship on Friday, February 8. You are welcome to come hear him open God’s Word and cut it straight. Check our Webpage at believers-fellowship.org for more information.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad,

This sounds exciting! Should be a great event with MacArthur! Hopefully some new people will come and find out about the work the Lord is doing there at BF!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home