Monday, February 04, 2008

The Pastor's Duty

Here's the script from today's broadcast.


Welcome to Cutting it Straight – a ministry of Believers Fellowship. I’m pastor Bruce Blakey.

Accurately handling God’s word is the primary responsibility of the pastor. My task is to feed God’s people the pure Word of the Bible. It’s not my wisdom or my opinions that people need, it is the truth as God has given it to us in the Scripture that will help people the most.

According to Ephesians 4: 11-16, when I do my job of teaching and preaching God’s Word, then God’s people are equipped to do ministry, they grow spiritually, they are united in Christ, and they are protected from the ever blowing winds of false doctrine.

The church is healthy and alive when it is feasting on the Scripture. By contrast, the church grows anemic and worldly when it lives off human wisdom.

Please pray for me that I would always cut it straight.

For more information, go online to believers-fellowship.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home