Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm Thankful


  • I thought I would share some of the many things I am thankful for.

Golf. Golf is a game I can play with my dad, brothers, and sons. I have also played with many wonderful friends. Playing golf has taken me to some of the most beautiful places in the world.

Mountain Shores Church. This is the first church I pastored. I learned many valuable lessons, enjoyed some great fellowship, saw the Lord do some wonderful things, and grew in my appreciation for God's Word.

Turkeys. Turkey is one of my favorite meals and I love it on Thanksgiving Day.

USC. USC is where I went to college. This is where I met my wife and my Lord. What else can I say? Fight On!

Ben. My youngest. He loves learning. He enjoys music. He loves the Lord.

Books. I love to read and I treasure the books I have and the encouragement and instruction I have received through them.

Believers Fellowship. The second church I pastored. The Lord blessed me through many wonderful people in this church. I saw the Lord work in many powerful ways. I miss the dear folks at BF. Maranatha.

Billy. Our middle son. He's athletic. He's great with kids of all ages. He loves the Lord.

In-N-Out. It's what a hamburger is all about.

Grace Church. The first church I ever attended starting in 1974. Back then there was an energetic young pastor. Now I have the privilege of serving at this church. Same energetic pastor, but we both have gray hair now.

Bobby. Our first born. He's passionate. He has a godly wife (Christa). He loves the Lord.

Naps. The older I get, the more I like them.

The Master's Seminary. The place I learned the skills necessary to cut it straight. Some godly men invested in my life in a very significant way.

Roberta. My loving wife of 28 years. The nest may be empty but I'm enjoying the time with the mama chick. Roberta is a great help to me. I love and appreciate her more all the time.

Jesus Christ. He's my Savior and Lord. I am supremely thankful for Him and His love for me demonstrated in His sacrifice on my behalf. I will give Him thanks for all eternity.

There is much more I could say about all of the above and so many more things I can be thankful for. I trust that this holiday your heart will overflow with gratitude.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad, Thanks for this Thanksgiving post! It was great to see you and mom! Keep up the great blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home