Saturday, May 07, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog entitled "Cutting It Straight." The title comes from 2 Timothy 2:15 where we are exhorted to handle accurately the word of truth. To handle it accurately means to cut it straight like a straight furrow in a field, a straight row of bricks for a wall, a straight pattern for some clothing, or a straight drive down the middle of the fairway.

Cutting it straight is what I do for a living. I am a pastor and I have the privilege of studying and teaching God's word. My responsibility is to get it right. I don't need to add to it and I must not take away from it. I have to work hard if I am to fulfill my assignment. If I do well I am approved but if I do poorly I am ashamed before God.

This is much more than an occupation for me. It is my passion. God has given us His revelation. It is a treasure beyond words or value. I love to study it and learn from and about my Lord. I grieve when I see the word of God misshandled. This blog will allow me to express the truths I am learning from the Scripture, talk about how to study the Bible, and to examine popular teachings in light of the Scripture.

I invite you to go with me on this journey as we seek to cut it straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home